From:
Andre Klefenz / Jennifer Strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 1996 14:27:45 -0400
I have noticed that rodents (rabbits and hamsters in particular)
instinctively freak out at the scent of a ferret (Sara Andux, maybe your
rabbit spazzed because of instinct) While in a pet store, my boyfriend was
patting a calm and friendly rabbit while I was playing with some undescented
ferrets.  I put them down and reached in to pat the rabbit and the thing
paniced like it was on fire!  when my ferrets were investigating my sisters
hamster's cage, it began shrieking and popping up and down until I took the
ferrets away.  As for Birds, I have a blue parakeet and my older ferret has
had the bird in her mouth twice (before I realised I had to be careful)
Weasels eat rodents and small birds so they have the same instincts that a
cat has toward them.  One day when the bird and the ferret were out at the
same time I saw the bird (Fritter) fly over to land on Newton's(ferret) cage
that was near a mirror.  Newton was just like Fritter's shadow as he flew
across the room.  Newton almost flew herself along the ground and up the
side of her cage and just as she grabbed for Fritter, I grabbed her.  That
bird must be down around 3 or 4 lives left!  (Oh, come on, everything has 9
lives dont they???)

Jen, in Halifax, Nova Scotia

        NEWTON               DOBEY             oh please oh please!!!!