From:
Date:
Sat, 9 May 1998 06:51:56 -0700
>From:    Cindy Smith <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ferret shelter overpopulation propaganda
>>Those special individuals who come to my home w/an open mind & fall in love
>>w/an older ferret, knowing that their time together may be short-lived, are
>>few & far between.

>This is my 2 cents.  We have adopted two of this "type" of ferret and we
>do not consider ourselves to be unique.

Nice note.  Your type of people are not exceedingly rare.  We are that sort.
There are a lot of Americans (it is more common here thatn some other
places) that do "root for the underdog".  We, now that we run a shelter,
are quite grateful for folks that have your kind of spirit.  Actually for
"sales" or "fund raising" purposes it makes it easier to place older more
problematic ferrets AND generate donations by talking about how rare folks
like you and us are.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/