From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 13:37:33 -0700
Hi Meg;

First of all, do not bathe him unless dirty as heck.  Often (more than once
a couple of months) bathing will increase smell.

Be sure they are fixed, a male unfixed will really smell!  This is more
important than de-scented.  If not de-scented, they only smell if they
"poof" if startled or hurt, & it fades in a few minutes, not at all like a
skunk.

Change bedding every few days, this will help most next to being neutered.
I use knit ski caps that are cheap & wash easily.

Do not use a food with fish in it, that makes the poop smell bad.  Mine like
Natures' recipe feline mtce.  & it's reasonable ni price, cheapest at
Petsmart.  (no, I don't work at that store).  It also has no corn that they
can't digest anyway.  Make sure the first ingredient is meat like chicken or
turkey.

Good luck:)

 Gary & the gang of fur
Timmy's web site=<http://www.concentric.net/~Gferret/>