From:
Debra Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 10:22:19 -0600
Folks, could we *PLEASE* stop with the poorly obscured profanity on the
list?  Fortunately it happens only rarely, but I've seen it at least twice
in the last 10 days or so even though I'm mostly skimming as I read.  I've
been as guilty as anyone of speaking such words at times and seek to
improve myself.  Reading casual use of profanity not only impedes my
"unlearning" a bad habit, to me it degrades our list, which is usually so
different than some of the very foul and contentious newsgroups and mail
lists.  Let's avoid slipping down a slope toward that state.  There are
other ways to word something very strongly without profanity.

Thanks,
Debra in Fort Worth