From:
Debra Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 09:00:26 -0500
Here are a couple of links to some black footed ferret resources I've
visited in the past:

http://www.blackfootedferret.org/
Unfortunately appears they are either switching web hosts or that it may
be a victim of fund shortages.  The link worked on September 20 when I
last verified the links on my website but doesn't work this morning.  The
information that web registrants offer on that domain name is a little
confusing... it indicates that their domain registration expired in late
August, but that the record was last updated 10 days ago.  The name
servers indicate a possible "new account" with someone, so perhaps they
switched domain registrants and web hosts and will be back online soon.
I'd save this link and check it off and on over the next few weeks.  It
had lots of good info last time I dug through it.  It is the site of the
Black-Footed Ferret Recovery Implementation Team in Omaha, NE.

http://natzoo.si.edu/hilights/lectures/ferrets/ferreset.htm
Is a slideshow from the Smithsonian's Conservation and Research Center.
When you're through with the pics, look for the link to go to the Research
Center and try digging through that site... there may be more info there,
but response this morning is so slow I can't wait for it... must check on
my toddler!

Debra in Fort Worth