From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 16:30:04 -0400
You may remember a post a week ago about 7 ferrets from Toledo that the
owner could no longer keep because she was moving.  Those 7 are now in
residence at our shelter.

Six are albino females, a mom and her 6 month old kits.  The mother's name
is Star, which I think we will change to Velvet Star to reflect her soft,
dense coat.  The babies, who are mostly bigger than mom, are fat, sassy,
fluffy, and hard to tell apart, except for one that is a bit larger and one
that is whiter than the others.  We are thinking of naming them after
astronomical objects, like Nova, Andromeda, Casseopia (sp?), etc.  But after
we name them we probably couldn't tell which was which anyway!

There is also one older girl, Cocoa, a sweet heavy silver with a white face,
white toes and white tip on her tail.  But she's in the middle of putting on
a coat now, so that could change!

All 7 need to be spayed, and the first two go to the vet on Friday.  They
will be available for adoption as soon as they recover from surgery.

Don't forget to visit us at the Ohio Family Pet Show at the IX Center in
Cleveland Oct 24-26!  Special thanks to Totally Ferret, Marshall Pets and
Modern Ferret for their support for our presence there.

Linda Iroff
North Coast Ferret Shelter
http://www.oberlin.edu/~liroff/ncfs.html