From:
Laura Fernando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 05:53:48 -0700
It is with a heavy heart that I must post this letter.  I ask for your
understanding.  Flames will not help anyone.

I have been owned by ferrets since 1997.  Marshmallow and Pico have owned
me since 1999 and 2000 respectively.  They are the world's best ferrets
(although I'm sure everyone thinks that about their own ferrets.)  They
are both healthy, although Pico looks a little scraggly -- which is
normal for him in the summer.

Marshmallow is an albino female and Pico is a sable mitt male.  Both are
from Marshall Farms and have the trademark good personality.

I have been very sick for the last two years with no apparent cause.
Last year I had to quit grad school and this year I had to drop to
working part-time.  I am in constant pain and have very low levels of
energy.  I recently went to an allergist and it turns out I am highly
allergic to pet dander.

It's a vicious cycle.  The ferret make me sick, and when I'm sick they
don't get the attention they deserve.

So, I am looking for a home for them.  A good home.  We live 1/2 way
between Milwaukee and Chicago, along Lake Michigan.  We'd be willing to
drive a fair distance in order to find them a good home.  They would come
with a large FunNel cage and all their toys and bedding, etc.

I have also contacted the shelter in my area, but I know it is already
overflowing, so I wanted to send this out to my fellow FMLers.

Thank you for understanding.

-Laura