From:
Lauren Yeany <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 23:07:20 -0400
I just wanted to quickly thank everyone who gave me advice on bringing my
new ferret into my home.  I got him yesterday and named him Dexter.  What a
cutie!!  He is downstairs in a cage all by himself, far away from Cooder.
I have been washing my hands after I am in contact with him.  I feel awful
b/c I'm treating him like he IS diseased when no one can be sure.  I have
heard all the dreadful information and stories about what ECE can do and I
definitely don't want to have to go through it with my two little guys.
Even though I have Dexter "quarantined" downstairs I feel Cooder might not
be safe from it completely if Dex does turn out to have ECE.  Here's
hoping.  Everyone cross their fingers for us!  My heart goes out to all of
you who have had to deal with this and to all of you who have written about
your fuzzies trip over the Rainbow Bridge recently. :(  -Lauren

Lauren Yeany
"My Brain Hurts!" - Monty Python's Gumby Man