From:
Damon Hudac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 08:50:55 -0400
Hi there fellow fuzzy freinds and ferrets!  This is my first post to the
list, and I figured I'd try to tie in a few ideas in one post:

1. Collars: I am looking for a spiked collar for Roy to wear.  He was
telling me the other day that he wanted to express his macho side and he
would love to have a spiked collar to show off to any lady ferrets he may
run across (maybe I should tell him that he's neutered).  Problem is, I
can't find anything like that small enough to fit a ferret.  Can anyone
suggest a place that I might pick something like this up from?

2. Harnesses: I also am eager to take the little guy out for a walk once in
a while, but I live on a VERY busy street and for him to slip out of his
harness would mean certain death.  The harness I have is made of nylon with
a loop that goes over his head.  Once that is in place, there is a short
section of nylon with a plastic clip on the end that is supposed to loop
around his chest and clip on top of his back.  I have fitted him into the
harness before so that it fit snugly, but he always manages to weasle his
way out.  I have tightened the harness down enough that I think it may
finally fit, but I worry that it is too tight for him.  Is there any way to
tell?

3. Pittsburgh Area Ferret owners: I live in Pittsburgh and sometimes do
some travelling.  If there are any other ferret owners in Pittsburgh reading
this, I was thinking of setting up a "network" of sorts (if one doesn't
already exist) whereby we can leave our ferrets with other people who
already have some experience with them.  How would I go about locating
other local fuzzy fanatix to arrange such a thing?

In addition, if you are in Pittsburgh and reading this, please e-mail me at
[log in to unmask]  I have a large cage with only one ferret and I would be
glad to watch over your fuzzies while you travel.  Of course, next time I
split town, I'd expect a return favour. :)   By the way, right across the
street from me is an animal hospital, so if anything happens while you are
gone, help is just across the street.  Roy and I thank you and wish you all
the best!

         Warmly,
           Damon Hudac