From:
"F. Scott Giarrocco" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 13:12:39 EST
>BC (in the relative term) is typically understood to me "Before Christ",
>while AD is typically considered to mean"After Death".

Todd, AD does not mean "After Death" at all.  It is the Latin abbreviation
for Anno Domini or "the year of Our Lord."  It is applied not to the years
following the death of Christ, but rather to the years following His birth.

As for the the whole "domestical" argument and other outrageous statements
recently posted, they are meaningless blather posted in an attempt to
appear intellectual.  A real intellectual would be aware that one does
not attempt to translate a person's proper name into another language --
especially when one's grasp of that language is juvenile at best.  No one
with any amount of real intellectual development discusses the musical
works of Joe Green when having an intellectual discussion of Guiseppe
Verdi.  An individual is not intelligent because he says he is, or uses
impressive words.  True intelligence is presented in deed as well as in
word.  It is no accident that the greatest minds of history have usually
spoken simply and clearly, and acted impressively.

>My question today is: I am about to move into an apartment that is smaller
>than the place they have grown up in.  I will be sharing it with a girl who
>doesn't want them to have the run of the house all the time, and I'm trying
>to figure out a way to securely attach ferret freeway and/or the tubing
>sold by the New Rainbow Bridge people to the walls in my new bedroom.  I'd
>like to attach it about 3/4 up towards the ceiling so that they can have a
>view of things, maybe build a little box on the wall with a sleepsack and
>food and water....ideally I'd like the tubing to run the length of the
>room.

Check your local mall for a store called The Great Train Experience and ask
them for the brackets needed to hang a large scale track from the ceiling.
It will make a great support for ferret tubes.  Most of the stores in the
chain have a train track suspended from the ceiling with these supports,
and they would easily work to suspend ferret tubes as well.  One thing to
remember -- anything used to suspend ferret tubes from the ceiling will
result in the need for holes in the wall or ceiling itself, and that is
generally not something that goes over too well with landlords.  You might
want to consider running the tunnels along the floor next to the baseboard
to avoid that problem.

And finally, on the discussion of large ferrets.  While it is true that
most larger ferrets are either unneutered or late neuters, the late Whizzer
was a MF ferret, and his top weight was 9.1 pounds, and his average weight
was 8.8 pounds.  Everything about him was huge -- he had a huge appetite
for food and for life.  He was always up before the other ferrets and
already hard at play, and the last to settle in for a well deserved night's
sleep.  He loved being harnessed so he could go for walks and meet new
people.

Scott and the Mustilid Mob