From:
Jen Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:51:28 -0400
Greetings all,

I've been searching for an experienced ferret vet in my area recently.
I've been taking my ferrets to the same vet for the last 5 years, and
have been mostly pleased with him, but some things have changed that I
don't feel comfortable with, which I'm not even going into right now,
and his prices have gone up considerably.  I just spent over $800 on
an adrenal surgery.

I have found a vet right nearby that has had experience with ferrets,
and is very enthusiastic about learning as much as she can about them.
Her name is Dr. Danielle Ward.  She came here from Pittsburgh.  The only
problem is that her surgeon does not perform ferret surgeries.  So, I
was planning to see Dr. Ward for our general medical care, but find an
experienced surgeon to do surgeries.

My fiancee talked to a friendly woman in our area yesterday and got some
info, but I'd like to get opinions from several people if I can.  I'm
located near Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania, which is about 50 miles east of
State College.  I'm willing to do a bit of traveling, and I'm sure I'll
need to, but I'd like to stay within PA.

I'm looking for a surgeon that is experienced, caring, and willing to
listen to my concerns, feelings, and opinions.  I feel that experience
is very important, but communication is also a very important thing
between the owner and doctor, as well as the other staff.

If anyone can recommend an experienced ferret surgeon to me in this area,
it would be very appreciated.  I'd be interested in hearing about your
own experiences with the vet you suggest to me, if anyone wishes to share
them.  I've got another little gal named Vivi that is showing signs of
adrenal disease who will thank you for it.

Thank you,
Jen

Happy Dookin',
The Hidey Hole Gang - http://www.hideyhole.org/
Jen, Mike & The Critters
The Ferrets - Loki, Fria, Vivi & Duke
The Rats - Ruby, Selphie, Boo, Rikku & Trillian
The Chicken - Dixie
Missing Jamocha (ferret), Algernon, Plato & Mystique(rats) & Punk (hedgehog)