From:
Clare Sebok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 1997 00:28:11 -0400
Last weekend, our ferrets were with us at my parents' house for three days.
My parents' cat was very sick, and I learned yesterday that she probably has
hepatitis.  Does anyone know whether ferrets can get hepatitis from a cat?
There was no direct contact between the animals (Pandora dislikes the
ferrets and avoids them) but they were in the house together for three days.
Ben was sniffing the cat's toys and crawling in her bed.  Ben is on
chemotherapy and does not have a strong immune system.  Could hepatitis be
transmitted from cat to ferret under these circumstances, and if so, what is
the incubation period?

Hoping I'm just worrying for nothing,
Clare