From:
Michael Orlowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 11:15:57 -0500
We are experiencing the same type of hair loss on two of our girls.  It
started happening about 3 months after we brough a new ferret into our
group.  She started loosing hair at the top of her front legs, then we
noticed our D.J.  loosing hair in the spots where you see in your ferret.
After blood tests, adrenal problems were rulled out, especially since both
girls were under a year old.  We had skin scrappings done for mites and
fungus, but they were negative.  Realizing it could be a false negative and
not knowing what else to do we started treating for mange.  I give both
girls SQ Ivomec shots every 10 days, keep bedding and cage clean.  Auszea
has responded to the treatment but not D.J..  So if anyone out there has
any suggestions I can use them as well.  I realize that mange can be very
difficult to get rid of.

Thanks!