From:
mike janke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 1994 12:46:43 -0500
 > I believe there was a posting last week about a new book
 > on Ferret Care by Jeans.  My local book store could not find

I'm proud to say I have an autographed copy sitting right here.  It helps to
live in the same town as the author :-)

Here's the problem.  Deborah published the book on her own and does not yet
have a distributor for the book.

The book is published by...

Ferrets Inc.
P.O. Box 450099
Miami, FL 33245-0099

There is no ISBN number and I'm not even sure you can purchase it via that
address.

BUT, our club (Miami Ferret Club and Rescue) sells it.  You can phone in the
order but since the club doesn't accept credit cards, it's best just to mail
in the order.

The best part is, if you purchase it through the Miami Ferret Club, all
profits go back into operating the shelter and let me tell you, it is
desperately needed.  I believe shelter operating and medical costs last year
exceeded $12,000.00.  $50 adoption fees and $25 memberships just don't
generate the funds needed.  We are officially a not-for-profit
organization though I don't know if the book purchase would be
considered a charitable donation for tax purposes.

Send your check or money order for $25.00 ($22.00 plus $3 postage) to:

Miami Ferret Club & Rescue
19225 S.W. 93rd Road
Miami, FL 33157
(305) 251-8647

It's a great book by the way.  No ferret lover should be without it.  I hope
I have not violated any rules by posting this 'ad' in the list.

  mike