From:
Richard Chandler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 1994 15:00:39 -0500
> Just to clear some things up, the recliner may as well not even be a
> recliner.
> We knew from the start the dangers of crushing a poor ferret in such
> devices, and we quickly discovered that keeping her out of it would be
> impossible (the little guys really have a lot of perserverence!).  So
> we just don't even sit in the thing any more.  If we do, no reclining,
> and we have to know where else she is - rules we adhere to strictly.
> This isn't a problem since there are only two of us in this small (but
> comfortable) apartment.

Here are some hints to protect against guests using the chair by accident:

Apply bailing wire to the mechanism so it can't move, and if there's a handle
on the side, remove it.

Huge piles of dirty laundry work as well, and provide a veritable Ferret
playground too! :-)

--
Have you ever seen a disclaimer say "my opinions ARE my employer's."?
 --- Don't answer that!