Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 13:48:31 EST
Seldom early, almost never on time, <g> usually just lurking.

Hi, my name is Carla (no, I'm the other one - the "desert rat") and I live
in El Paso County, Texas, with my wonderful husband (20th anniversary in
January!) and 15-yr-old son.  I'm a relative "newbie" to ferrets, since I
got my first one in May, 1994.  I joined the FML sometime in the fall of
'95, can't remember exactly when.

What with one thing and another, now I'm the local ferret "shelter" for the
county.  I work with Animal Control, several vets in the county, and with
the local Ferret Club, to help people with information or assistance with
their ferrets.  I've worked with biters - both "true" biters as well as
ferrets whose owners just needed a bit of help understanding what the
ferret needed.  And hey - I'm still learning, too.

Don't ask me how, but we're still ECE-free in El Paso as far as we know.
It's been reported in Las Cruces NM, just an hour north of here... as well
as in communities elsewhere in Texas.  I know we'll get hit eventually, but
I can wait.

If you're in the El Paso area sometime, even just passing through, drop me
an email in advance & maybe we can get together.  (Want to adopt a new
friend?)

Carla Smith  <><
WhyNot? Ferrets
http://www.whynotferrets.com
ICQ:  29478475
member, Rio Grande Domestic Ferret Club, El Paso, TX
"Every pet deserves to be loved, and to have someone cry over them when
they're gone."