Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 01:01:44 EST
I received this in an email from a local vet today - am passing it on at
his request.  Can anyone help with info on this?  Please email directly as
well as to the List and I'll fwd your reply on to the vet.  Thanks!

>I have an older client who had her older adrenal ferret die shortly
>(within 2 days) after I gave it a Lupron injection (Dr. Charlie Weiss's
>dose).  It was not a surgical candidate because we had done a right partial
>adrenalectomy previously and it was over 6 years old and in very thin,
>poor condition.  I suspect it had other problems going on but, because no
>post mortem was done, I don't know for sure.  I would have liked to have
>done a post mortem but too much time had elapsed before I was informed
>about it's death.  Have you heard of anyone having problems right after
>giving the Lupron injection?  I've not found any info. on any bad
>reactions etc... with it.  I appreciate any info.  you might have on this.

Carla Smith  <><
WhyNot? Ferrets
http://www.whynotferrets.com
ICQ:  29478475
member, Rio Grande Domestic Ferret Club, El Paso, TX
"Every pet deserves to be loved, and to have someone cry over them when
they're gone."