From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2005 09:32:49 -0700
I had a double greeting this week.  It was a joy to meet two oldsters who
are now whole and resting.  Their spirit is soaring free and at peace.

A lady named Sadie Mae came to us one day.  The sweet sable girl was met
by me, Twinkle Toes and a few others who used to live at the Dook and
Dance Ferret Shelter.  She was quite proud as she calmly walked towards
me.  I opened my wings and went to snuggle her.  She was very kissy.
Twinkle walked up to her and said, "Sadie of Proulx I presume."  She
held her head up high as if she didn't know Twinkle Toes and said, "of
course." Then they broke down and giggled and dooked about.  I told them
to settle down, we had to find a couple of old buds of Bud.

So off we went in search of buds of Bud.  We snuffled through couches,
dug through potato patches, looked in badger burrows, swam through ponds,
all for the great of good of course.  I mean this was hard work.  Not fun
at all.  Nope not one iota of fun for us.  Someone has to do it after
all.  Anyway, we didn't find buds of Bud.  So Twinkle and Sadie said
maybe we were trying hard enough.  I agreed.  Yes, we were slackers.  So
off we went to work even harder than we already were.  sigh.  The misery
of it all.  I mean we had to poke through bags, tip cups, wade through
linatone pools, scavenge through foamy fry forest, and even climb
unbelievable heights up tubes and ladders to look for said buds of Bud.
But it all paid off.  Yes, we found Noodle and Fifi, back at the bridge
waiting on Bud.  They did that on purpose.  You know, hiding like that.

The bridge flashed a familiar light and Bud came walking over the boards.
Noodle and Fifi jumped on top of poor Bud.  Bud swatted away from them,
and he said, "Nnt ... away you two.  I am the Bud Meister." Noodle and
Fifi looked stunned, and we were all scared that he hurt their feelings.
Then they burst out laughing so hard they rolled in the grass.  Bud got
irritated and with paws on his hips he asked, "What?!" They wanted to
know where he got the idea that he was the Meister.  And Bud updated them
about everything that happened while they were gone at the house of
Proulx.  Noodle grabbed him, gave him a noogie and told him that he was
the same old Bud to them.  And they all chuckled.  Noodle and Fifi shot
me a sarcastic look and said to Bud, "Come on, let's search for The Boss.
It's going to take quite a bit of work.  Lots of snorkeling through
water, digging through dirt mountain and much more.  Because we all know
how "hard" he is to find."

Sandee