From:
Joe bear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2006 23:15:32 -0700
Hello Everyone,

I really miss SpokesFerret Stormy, usually he would be the one doing this
for me.  I have talked to some of the other kids to see if anyone wants
to come forward and take the job but they all say Stormy's paws are just
too big to fill so I guess I will have to do my own announcements for
now.

First, I want to say how great it was to see many of you again at the
Toronto conference.  It was a pleasure to meet and make new ferret
friends as well.

Randy and her volunteers did a wonderful job.  As you all have already
guessed, traveling with Wolfy was very interesting to say the least.
She did a great job with capturing the week-end in photos.

To everyone involved in the big surprise for me, thank you.  I still
don't know what to say.  The black-footed ferrets will benefit from
your generosity but your kindness means alot to me.  Selina's ferret
artwork awesome.  Thank you all so much.

While I am here I wanted to let those of you who won gift certificates
at the conference for Melatonin/Ferretonin Implants to please email me
when you are ready to order.  I will be able to redeem those for you from
Melatek.  Special thanks go to the IFC (http://www.ferretcongress.org)
who always pay implant shipping cost for SOS shelters.

Also since Alex brought up the FML calendar I need to let all the loyal
supporters who send in their photos and buy the calendar know that Judy
Cooke whose baby this project is isn't able to take part in the 2007
calendar.  Seeing that the calendar would not be the same as in the past
I felt it might be best to skip the 2007 calendar.

I've decided it would only be fair to ask those of you who support the
calendar if you would like to see it continued even if the calendar is
different.  I will still do the designs but the finished calendar would
be different as I am looking at commerical printing.  Judy is the one who
has printed and put together the calendar for the past 5 years.  She has
always done a wonderful job.

If you are interested in seeing the calendar continue please email me
and let me know.

Thank you and thanks to everyone for supporting SOS.

Sharon B. :)

http://www.supportourshelters.org

[Moderator's note: Oh, please do continue if you can.  I'll contact you
to find out what we need to do to make sure it stays around.  BIG]