From:
Rachelle & McKyle Tuvell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 20:34:44 -0500
Gotta new ferret!  Gotta new ferret!  Gotta new ferret!!!!!  I am so
excited!  Tonight my husband surprised me by driving McKyle and I out to Dr.
Kemmerer's clinic and telling us to "pick one" to adopt!  She had lots up
for adoption, but McKyle and I favored one of the first ones we saw.  McKyle
played with him in the exam room fo a while, and they couldn't have liked
each other more if they were brothers!!

Merlin is his name, and I think it's cute so we won't change it.  He is an
albino, and a gorgeous one at that.  Beautiful, SOFT, fluffy, thick,
snow-white fur.  Beautiful, clear, red eyes.  The receptionist said he is 14
weeks old, and one of the vet techs said he is 14 months old.  (Obviously
there was a misunderstanding somewhere.) So Dr. K.  said "Let's compromise
and call him six months!" But I think he's closer to a year old.  He is MF,
from the tattoo in his ear.  As we were paying the adoption fee in the lobby
before we left, he bit my ear, the tender part where it's pierced.  Ouch!  I
had to pry him off, but we're both fine now.  :)

McKyle and Merlin seem to be getting along well together so far.  They wore
each other out at Dr. K.'s office and on the way home.  I think McKyle might
have felt his territory was being invaded when I put both of them in
McKyle's cage together, because he started dragging around poor Merlin by
the scruff.  Merlin cried a bit--he sounded like a little puppy!--but he can
hold his own with McKyle too, even though he's only about 2 3/4 lbs.  to
McKyle's 3 3/4 lbs.  He's "shorter" but not smaller.  McKyle is "tall" or
"long" and thin (except for a well-rounded rump), and Merlin is shorter ,
but with a thicker body.  They seem like a good match, anyway.  Right now
McKyle is sleeping on the hammock on the first floor, and Merlin is sleeping
ON the floor!  Poor guy, he could have a hammock, they're on the 2nd and 3rd
floors too.  I think it would be cute if they curled up to sleep together in
a hammock.

I hope McKyle won't be jealous.  I really got Merlin for him, so he wouldn't
be lonely when we're away.  I hope he doesn't think Merlin is his
replacement.

PS--Dr. Kemmerer told me today that McKyle is not a sable, a we've been
thinking, but a chocolate siamese.  Hmmmm...............

Happy ferreting!
Rachelle & David
McKyle (Mmmm, Merlin tastes good!  BITE!)
Merlin (McKyle, can I sleep in the hammock with you?)