From:
ShariDiane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 1998 13:32:27 EST
From my personal experience, just because hair has regrown, does not mean a
fert does not have an adrenal gland tumor.  Symptoms/diagnosis/treatment of
a friends' fert:

July 96 - 1yo female, MF, swollen vulva, quarter size Hair loss on back of
neck.  Ultrasound inconclusive (couldn't find the right gland).  Vet says
wait and see....vulva un-swells and hair regrows.

Nov 96 - 75% Hair loss on entire body within about 2 weeks.  No swollen
vulva.  Hair re-growth as fast as it was lost so as to attend the December
Annual TriFL Club Party :-)

Feb 97 - Swollen vulva only.

Mar 97 - Surgery...right gland tumor, vet incapable of performing
adrenalectomy (although I sent the vet Dr. Bruce Williams info on right
adrenalectomies in 1996!) $300.

Apr 97 - New vet with right gland tumor removal experience.  Surgery is
successful. $500.

Shari Gunter
Newsletter Editor
Triangle Ferret Lovers Club, North Carolina
http://www.trifl.org