From:
Virtual Girl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 1997 23:06:13 -0400
Hi everyone...well I've had to make the hardest decision of my life today.
Many of you will remember several months ago i adopted a baby ferret from the
pet store where i work after he was shipped in a box with his dead brothers
and sisters...he made it through a LOT and is VERY healthy at present.  The
only thing wrong with him is that he is a fear biter which many of you will
also remember me posting about.  He is also terrified of men.

I've tried just about EVERYTHING to stop him from biting, but currently i
just dont have the time he needs to accomplish anything.  It also doesn't
help that my family doesn't understand and after months of work with him all
it took was ONE person smacking him on the bum for being bad (not hard) and
he is back to his old fear biting self.

Now i am currently moving into a new apartment and i can only bring ONE
ferret (Jezebel my blind, mentally retarded girl) ...my parents are keeping
three and I am left with Baby Biter.  Everyone wants me to have him put to
sleep, but I could NEVER do that...I see how happy he is when he is with
other ferrets.  So here is the hard part...i am crying out to fellow FMLer's
for your helP!!!  If there is SOMEONE out there with a HUGE heart who has
enough time AND love for a BEAUTIFUL 7 month old sable mitt, male,
neutered/descented...PLEASE let me know.  Now here is the hard part..I"m in
Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada!!  He is FREE to the right person (references
are a MUST!!) I will have him fully vaccinated before he leaves me and if it
comes down to flying him somewhere i will TRY to get some money to cover
some of the cost of shipping.  I REALLY want my Baby Boy to go to someone
from the FML who rescues ferrets and knows how to handle them.  He has a
HELL of a lot of potential!!  I wouldn't DARE try to find someone where I
live becuase at this point in time i feel that i am the most educated person
in this city in regards to ferrets (and thats not impressive).

If anyone out there has the time, proper references, other ferrets (he LOVES
ferrets) and preferably doesn't live with a man (no offense).  ...PLEASE
email me!!

This is the hardest thing for me to do..i feel like I"m letting him down or
like i'm just dumping my problem on someone else, but he IS a real sweat
heart..he's just terrified of hands.  I love him to death, but he is not
getting the proper attention that he deserves with me.  I work 50+ hours a
week which doesn't leave a heck of a lot of time for my sweet little baby...
especially considering that I"m the ONLY person in the world right now whom
he trusts and can handle him.  My family and boyfreind are more tahn
terrified of him!!  I want Baby to have a GOOD life in a LOVING home where
he can be happy 24 hours a day.

ANyone who has any suggestions or comments or who wants to help find him the
RIGHT home PLEASE email me.  I will ONLY send him to the right person.  I
refuse to have him euthanized.

Thank you for your time.

--
Liz Luc