From:
Robert Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 May 1997 20:20:43 -0400
It's sunday evening,  I hope all had a happy mothers day.

Kitty was sad all day and missing a special fur-baby and I was running
around trying to tie up some loose ends.  I am very pleased with the
response to date to our requests for donations and for all the support we've
recieved.  Only a couple bad responses and someone who called claiiming Kodo
had been murdered already.

I seriously doubt, but no way to check, that they'd do anything considering
the follwoing quote from The Bay City Times, Saturday, May 10, 1997:

 "Kodo will remain safe and we'll keep him under good care" said Karen M.
 Burns, director of the Bay County Animal Control.  As far as I'm concerned,
 my department is in a holding pattern, said Burns, adding the department
 will have to comply with whatever the court decides."

Stand by now,  here comes a hoot for you!!:

 "Safety at the animal control facility also has been a big concern of
 employees, Burns said.  Burns said rumors had surfaced that a protest might
 be held at the facility Friday afternoon, but no protesters showed up, A
 Bay County Sheriff's Department patrol car stayed close to the area just in
 case."

There's lots more but I think that's enough to get the point across.  The
"officials" involved in this now claim they want to get it overwith and move
on with other business.  I want it over with, but with a clear statement
from The State of Michigan as to how our babies are to be handled in an
incident.

We are not going to lie down and play dead til such a statement is part of
law.  Now you knew the bite was coming again so here it is.  There is still
a LOT OF WORK to get this done right.  And we all know legal fees are not
cheap.  This isn't for KODO it's for EVERYONE'S FERRETS.  Please, if you
haven't sent in your donations please please please do it now.  Any monies
left after this is done will go to a NATIONAL legal fund for the next time
something like this happens, and the next time it might just be YOUR baby!!!
God knows we never expected this.

Cash, check or Money order donations to:

Gloria Davis
Treasurer GLFA
27654 Southpointe
Grosse Ile, Mich.  48138

Make checks\money orders payable to GLFA/LAF

Credit card donations may be called in to:

Robert Jacobs or Kathy Zimmer at (517) - 777-4807

All donations end up at the same spot, the GLFA Legal Action Fund.  Nobody
is going to profit from this, this is for the good of all our Babies!!

Please contact your local media and thank them for covering this.  If they
aren't covering it ask them why they aren't.  The politicians want "good"
publicity and the more this is brought to the general publics eye the better
off we all are!!

Robert Jacobs
Kodo's Daddy