From:
Northern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 12:49:32 -0800
I purchased 2 male baby ferrets from Pet World in the spring.  I was
told they were from Peterson Farms.  They were very young.  So young in
fact, their adult teeth were just coming in.  For a while there they had
2 sets of fangs.  My vet had never seen ferrets so young before but she
gave them a clean bill of health.  As of this time their behavior is
"typical"?

Frak, my red colored ferret (typically marked) is a ball of trouble.
Rarely sleeps and is always looking for something to get into.  Will
jump, fly and dook.  He is constantly trying to punk my 25 pound cat
(declawed).  Not really a biter but will nip a toe now and then.  Drags
my dirty socks under the table for a place to sleep and will beg for
food.  He is fond of shrimp, chicken, and sweets.  He will let me hold
and snuggle with him for a while then wants out.  All in All a typical
ferret.

Frik, a white and cream colored dew with dark ruby eyes is ....dented?
More laid back.  I have never seen him jump yet.  Never dooks but wag
his head from side to side while doing a dance when he is excited.  He
will play and will bite the hell out of my feet.  Loves to chew on my
knuckles.  He will let me hold him longer than Frak while petting him
but I'm carefull not to get my face too close.  He will try for my nose
sometimes.  At first I thought him deaf but I have seen him react to
sound.  When I scruff him for ear cleaning he will try to bite my
fingers.  Loves to get wet, no fear of water.  He is different.

I have asked for info also about Peterson and have done internet searches
without much luck.  But one thing I do know, is that I would not give up
my 2 boys for anything.  I'm just hoping they stay healthy for a good
long time.

On a side a note.  My old girl Spunky is still with me.  I she is doing
Lupron and Melatonin injections q 3 months and is doing very well.
Current age 7-8 years.  Marshall ferret.

That's about it.
M.Northern