From:
"Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary in Hernando, MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 14:12:42 -0400
Good Morning,

Someone asked me yesterday, and since I did not know the answer, I
thought I would ask all of you out there.

Did Petco begin buying their ferrets from a breeder in Canada last
year. I thought that was the story. But, is Petco getting all of their
ferrets from Canada, or just some in different regions, or what.....

If so, any idea how long was the buying contract for? Year to year?

Rainbow Ferrets in Texas went under, could Marshall Farms?

And, the most important question, if so, what has become of the
business of ferrets at Marshall Farms and - uh - do you suppose those
babies are destined to the labs? Like the infamous and notorious
Huntington?

Sigh, I hate to think what has become of this business if their major
contract has evaporated, leaving them with an overstock of ferrets with
no place to go. And with the economy being in decline and with owners
dumping their pet ferrets at rescues and municipal shelters, I am sure
the market for ferrets and other small animals is also in decline. At
least being shipped to the pet stores gave hope that the Marshall
Farms ferrets would at least have a chance.....a chance of being loved
and a great "ferret life." But without that, then.......

Just wondering.....as if I don't have enough to think about.

Maren Doshier
Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary
Hernando, MS