From:
Kathleen Hourihan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 04:39:53 PDT
I'm sad to have to write this letter, but I am looking for a good home in
the Halifax/ Dartmouth area, Nova Scotia, for one of my ferrets.

Chantal is a sweet albino female, that we rescued from the SPCA, along with
her sister who died last spring.  We're not really sure how old she is, but
at least four, we believe.

The reason I am looking for a home for her is that I started University in
the fall, and I find I simply do not have the time to give her the care she
deserves.  Some days I find I only have time to give her food and fresh
water in the mornings as I'm rushing out the door.

Chantal is pretty friendly, and likes to be held for a while, but also
loves to play with toys.  She doesn't really interact with people as well
as my first ferret, because I believe she didn't get much attention from
people for the first years of her life.  Also, she is not really litter
box trained.  I have tried, but she may use it 50% of the time, randomly,
whether or not it is clean.  For this reason, and the fact that Charlie (my
other ferret) beats up on her,(he is twice her size) we've built a cage for
her, which is to be included, along with dishes, toys, basket, blanket,
hammock, etc.

I really don't want to give her up, but I know I'm not spending enough time
with her, and that she shouldn't have to wait for weekends and holidays to
get attention.

Please e-mail me if you are interested in giving a deserving ferret a good
home.

PS- she did get along with her sister, even after being separated for a few
months.  She will probably get along with other ferrets, it's just that I
had Charlie for two years, alone, and he's very territorial and I don't
think he know's he's a ferret.