Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 22:42:30 -0700
In regards to the whole Pat Wright incident, I am baffled as to why anyone
would "tempt fate" by taking their ferrets to a public park (or out in
public at all) when they are illegal there.

I feel very bad for these animals and hope they are not destroyed, but I
really feel that this was not a wise decision.

Ask yourself this question: Would you smoke marijuana or do cocaine in
front of a police officer knowing full well that you would be going to
jail?  My guess is no.  Nobody is above the law.  Unfortunately, the
ferrets are the ones who are going to suffer the most from this and they
are not the ones who chose to be out in public.  I think you all get my
point, so I do not need to elaborate.

Hopefully, this will not be all over the papers.  This would not help the
cause for legalizing ferrets in California.  BAD PUBLICITY HURTS EVERYONE
WHO LOVES FERRETS!