From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 14:53:43 -0500
The aspirin mentioned which Meltdown will have every three days now since
she threw a clot is one quarter BABY aspirin.  (We finally got the baby ones
last night.)

If she does it again the dose will be upped and she will be treated with
heparin.  We might start seeing the effects of small strokes (hopefully not
a large one or not small ones to a nasty location) if she starts doing it
again.  Fortunately, chances are there will not be a repeat.

She has now started using hercage mounted food dish and her water bottle
instead of having to have everything on the floor in very shallow dishes.
Today she is more tuckered out than normal which scared me till I found out
how long Steve stayed up holding her last night.  (She was just slightly
off in the same day before the clot caused problems; then she had her weird
time before it dropped out looking at her waggling leg like she was
thinking, "HOW in the world is it doing that?" Boy.  were we all lucky it
worked out so well.)

None of the vets know why she has managed to continue so long, but everyone
considers all the time since last November to be gift time.

Last night I found that one of the scent glands behind her ear was clogged
so I gently rubbed and very gently scratched it free.  She was SO happy
about it.  Kind of like getting out stinky butter.  Afterward I smelled so
much like her that even after I washed up Meeteetse came out of a solid
sleep and began sniffing even before I got into the room.

Oh, Meeteetse ahs discovered a new treat, one we'd rather not have her
consider one.  She's never been a fabric eater but her attraction to cotton
puffs really changed routines around here.  Now she has decided that drier
lint is yummy.  Arrgggghhhhhhh!

Knowing how harried we are Warp left a present in the middle of the kitchen
floor to cheer us up.  Oh, and I put white vinegar in my bath water for my
eczema because we have alkaline water which makes it much worse and the
ferrets LOVE to get a chance to drink my bath water.  Yesterday Warp went
one better; she stole the empty gallon vinegar jug and dragged it to my side
of the bed.  Just straightening up, right?

Spot and 'Chopper have been on best behavior.  Can hardly tell they are
ferrets.

The Crandall Household