Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:00:49 +0000
My Mikey a bilateral adrenalectomy in September. My vet put him on
Prednisone and Fludrocortinsone immediately after surgery. He remained
on the medications for 4 months, the amount gradually reduced each
month. My vet has done electrolyte (sodium, potassium, chloride and
carbon dioxide) panel first 2 weeks after surgery and then monthly.
From what I understand, Addison's disease can affect the levels of
the electrolytes.

Anyway, Mikey is completely off the medications and I am monitoring him
for any signs of Addison's. He has been off the medications for a week
and is doing great so far. He will go back in for more bloodwork in
February.

I am not a vet, just sharing my experience :).

LISA