From:
Deborah & Manfred Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 1998 09:13:57 -0500
I read the Killians post in todays list with some interest, but was left
wondering how you could justify breeding ferrets while running a so-called
rescue/shelter.

Every month this list carries a "shelter update" in which every listed
shelter claims to have a half dozen or more ferrets on hand, ready for
adoption, along with all the attendant expenses.  And they always have a
huge wishlist attached...with money the main requirement.

As far as I am concerned, rescues/shelters should NOT be in the business of
producing more animals that may be turned in atsome future date.  And just
because you have never gotten one of your own back, doesn't mean that
someone else, at another shelter, doesn't have a few of them.

Think about it.

My two cents worth.
Manfred