From:
Tryntje Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 1995 13:16:52 -0500
Hi there!

this method.  She is now trying to get manure smell out of the trunk.  You
take coffee grounds (not instant and not used but fresh perc coffee out of
the can) and spread them liberally over the floor of the trunk.  Let stand
for a few hours, overnight, or when the smell seems to have dissipated.
Vacuume up the grounds and all should be well.  Notice I said all "should"
be well.  I have not tried this method but she says it works.

BTW, I have wanted a pet skunk and a pet racoon since I was...well lets just
say for many years but because of our city by-laws, we are not allowed to
have them.

Wire cages?  (Cringe) Only if necessary.  We have a couple, but only use
them in an emergency.  This is why.  Huggy Bear (Bear for short) was trying
to climb up his cage one day and slipped off backwards.  Luckily we were in
the room at the time.  We heard this blood curdling scream and found Bear
hanging upside down by his penis.  I won't go into details but there was a
lot of blood and needless to say he was rushed to emergency.  Here is
another reason.  Jasper was in a wire cage until we were able to get a large
pet carrier.  About 2 minutes before the cage exchange (again, luckily I was
right there), I noticed Jasper climbing up on top of his cage and having
trouble.  The penis has a hook on the end and as he was climbing up he
pushed against the cage and it hooked around one of the wires.  Do you think
I could get him unhooked?  Wow!  It took some doing but it finally came
loose.  What would have happened if I wasn't there?  I shudder to think
about it.  We hate these death traps.  We are always afraid that the fuzzies
will get a leg caught and really mangle it.  They could be hanging for hours
waiting until we get home from work to rescue them.  Maybe that would be too
late for someone.  Sorry to be so morbid but I know somebody out there needs
to hear this.

We use the large plastic pet carriers.  Yes they have a wire mesh door and
that sometime scares me too but it is better than having the whole cage made
of wire.  A bonus is what I can do to the litter pan.  You know how the
little fuzz buckets always shift the pan out of place and then miss, etc.
etc.?  Well, I use vegetable bins with high backs and a low front, drill a
hole through the pan and the cage, and bolt it in.  What a difference this
makes.  It has saved a lot of frustration.

Cam and Therese Miller.  Owned by Sarah, Jasper, Mookie, Nikki, Sadie, BJ,
Benji, Scooter, Snoopy, Josie and Buddy.  Lets not forget our faithful dog
Tawny.

Tryntje Miller                   Net:[log in to unmask]
Conrad Grebel College Library    Tel: (519) 885-0220 ext. 239
Waterloo, Ontario                Fax: (519) 885-0014
N2L 3G6