From:
Tryntje Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 1995 18:00:53 -0500
Our little Sara crossed over the Rainbow Bridge today.  She was about 7
years old and had never been in really good health and has been on a special
diet for the last 3 years.  We really didn't expect her to last this long,
but she was a brave little trooper.  Recently my wife has had to hand feed
her and give water with an eyedropper.  She just seemed too tired at times
to want to eat or drink on her own.

She was given to us almost 4 years ago when she made a mess on her previous
owner's rug.  I guess it all depends on your priorities.  Last night she
appeared to have something like a stroke and was very disorriented.  She
would stiffen up as if in pain and had very shallow breathing.  She would
then gasp and fight for a breath of air.  This morning she seemed to in more
pain and breathing was very laborious.  We took her to the vet knowing that
this would be her last few moments with us.  She would have these "fatigue
spells" now and again where we could see panic in her eyes but she would be
very limp and helpless.  She would always pull through, but this time was
different.  The vet agreed that we should put her to sleep so not to prolong
her agony.

Her cage mate, Nikki, came at the same time as Sara and they have been the
best of friends for the past 4 years.  Last night, as my wife was cuddling
Sara, Nikki came and climbed up onto my wife's lap and over to Sara.  She
started to lick Sara's face, almost as if she knew something was wrong and
wanted to help.  Nikki is going to miss Sara as much as we do.

Sara was a very sweet and gentle lady, and there is an emptiness in our
hearts and home.  Even with 10 others running around, there is one empty
stocking hanging in the row; package of raisins still unopened.

Cam and Teresa Miller and Bud the Stud, Jasper, Mookie, Scooter, Snoopy,
Josie, Benji, Nikki, Sadie, and BJ. We miss you Sara.

 Tryntje Miller
                                 Net:[log in to unmask]
Conrad Grebel College Library    Tel: (519) 885-0220 ext. 239
Waterloo, Ontario                Fax: (519) 885-0014
N2L 3G6