From:
Sharon Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 17:26:34 EDT
I have two questions regarding food:

1. I would like to supplement Rocky's diet with some real meat, but he
doesn't seem to like it (only one particular way I make chicken).  he
does like raw egg yolks but won't eat cooked.  I was going to make one
of those yucky ferret recipes but I don't know if he'll eat it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Canned cat food?  Baby food?

2. Dish dumping.  Rocky has taken to dumping his dish when he's finished
eating or sometimes he sniffs it and dumps.  I know he doesn't want fresh
food because he doesn't seem to like the smell, seems to like it better
after it sits.

Does anyone know where I can get a small dish that clips on?  The ones
I've seen in catalogues are way too big for him--he eats so little.

He's not a good eater and on the thin side.  Ate anything when he was a
kit until I took in a rescue a year ago and he stopped eating.  Didn't
keep rescued ferret (though did fatten and cheer him up) and Rocky
eventually starting eating but he hasn't been a very good eater since.
He was about 10 mo.  old at the time.

I feed him Totally Ferret, sometimes mixed with Zupreem.  He won't eat
either of the 8 in 1 foods, or the canned ferret food.  What a pain in
the butt!!!  I always get the finnicky eaters, though my skinny cat Yoda
lived to age 19!  Maybe skinny's not so bad, but the plump ferrets look
so cute.

Thanks for your help,

Condolences to all who have lost their precious furkids and best wishes
for the sick ones.

Shron + Rocky