From:
Sharon Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 21:23:17 EDT
To All:

I have been reading (and occasionally writing ) this FML for about a year
now and I just want everyone to know how much I love you guys and your
furkids.  I have met (through email) and corresponded so many great
people, who have given good advice and comfort that a new ferret mom
needs.  This group is filled with the most dedicated animal lovers I have
ever known.

I have gotten to know ferrets that I will probably never meet and laughed
at their antics.  It's not hard to make me laugh when it comes to
ferrets--just the way Rocky walks out of a room makes me laugh.  I loved
hearing about the adventures of Sabrina the Bat Biter, what's in Buckie's
hidey hole, (the late) Tazzie's wheels, the Post-it Note Caper and all
the others.  I am jealous of people who have lots of fuzzies because more
fuzzies=more fun.  But Rocky says "Thou shalt have no other ferret but
me" and what Rocky wants Rocky gets.

Sometimes people get snippy or controversies arise but I don't think it's
out of meanness--ferret people are just so passionate, especially when it
comes to loving and taking care of ferrets.  Good things can come out of
disputes if we all learn something.

The hardest thing for me is reading about the sick or angel fuzzies.  I
often have to skip over them because they make me cry.  But I know how
important it is for us to support each other in a crisis and in mourning,
and I have tried to do so whenever possible.

Most of all thanks to Bill for doing this list.  Sometimes it's hard for
me to just keep up with the reading, let alone editing and whatever else
you have to do to get it out everyday!  And thanks for telling me about
FML when we spoke on the phone about Rocky and my mouse problem last
year.

Now for Rocky's nicknames: Rocky is the nickname that stuck--his formal
name is Rocco, but when he was a baby he thought he could fly, so he
became Rocky the Flying Ferret!  Other nicknames: Rocketman, Racketman,
Rockmonster, Roccoco, RockyRoad, Sweetie Boy, Ferretmonsterweasel,
Mr.Clean and the most frequently used--Monsty.  (I might have forgotten
a few; I'm very tired.)

Dooks and hugs to all ferrets and their humans!
Sharon + Rocky --the world's most spoiled ferret