From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 09:31:05 -0500
I should have written this post immediately after I was at the vets since
I've forgetton half of what was said.  Somehow the vet and I got into a
discussion and he brought up something "new" that people buy in health food
stores that helps with joints that get repeated injuries (joggers etc.) and
arthritis.  Something that helps keep the white cells from invading the
joints.  Apparently the white cells invade when there's swelling etc.  but
stick around and hurt good tissue too(?) causing a downward cycle to start
and continue where the good cushioning tissue continues to get damaged, the
white cells keep coming etc.  I think he called them something like
neutricells?  They're not shark cartelidge, they come from the throat bones
in cows or from clams/oysters.  Does anyone know anything about this?  R
Plants post made me think of this.

Mary and Giesela (my sprite thats up to 2.6 lbs!) and Boris the treat hound
who's still skinny and Booker the rescue dog who's starting to get that
coffee table look