From:
Betty Rebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 04:42:39 EDT
Hi everyone...

First off I would like to say thank you VERY much to everyone who responded
to my adrenal questions... I now believe that the little girl I was
concerned about has that icky 'rat tail' thingy happening.  Our local
shelter mommy is probably (*crosses fingers* Im looking forward to you
meeting the whole gang and the pet store tyrant and getting that PSA
recorded)... she definately has little black heads on the hair loss spots.
anyway, local shelter mom is gonna give me her opinion on the hair loss.

Second, in reguards to Mac&Cheese and hot dogs... YOU GO shelter mom!!  I
think what you do is commendable, admirable and full of that wonderful
humanity stuff!  I just wanted to FORMALLY inject my support... I sometimes
wonder what people are reading sometimes... I mean, for instance... One of
my newest additions Hepa (a 6 year old albino, that we believe is deaf)I
got her from the only mommy hepa ever had, this womyn obviously loved her
ferret and even cried while parting with her.  Shelter moms witness this
ALOT.  They also sit by as little ferrets cross the bridge, they nurse them
while they are sick, they take in ferrets that they KNOW they are going to
have help across the bride in a relatively SHORT period of time, and also
to anyone who thinks the ferret mommy takes anything away from their
families by saving money by feeding mac and cheese and hotdogs... I would
be willing to bet that their families do this WILLINGLY... That post really
made me angry... I honestly dont understand why somebody on THIS list would
attack you for being "frugal" to help save a ferrets little precious life.
I commend you AND your family for make this small sacrifice, I am sure you
make many others .  I just wanted to tell you (AND ALL shelter mommies)
that I am greatful for your hearts work!

okay next... here's the update!  My guys are all doin good... the girl we
got from the pet store is a wierdo...hehehe... she makes these sqeaky
noises while she plays that make me think she is being hurt... sometimes
she is the one on top and there she'll sit lookin at me like... "huh, whad
I do??" She picks on the other guys though and they've been doin a real
good job of tellin her how it is.  I think she's catchin on... her fleas
are gone, Im pretty sure she's deaf too.  She's a marked white.  she still
nips but not as bad... she gets tons of attention from everyone humyns and
ferrets alike... okay on to Hepa... the 6 year old we adopted from a local
womyn.  She is a complete and total sweetheart.  she sleeps ALOT but we
have her eating, we made some psudo duck soup that she is eating (puttin
some weight on her) she has also started eating kibble... YEAH!!  the duck
soup was a homemade concoction made from all the stuff we've heard that
works... its ... Chicken and rice baby food, ferretone, petromalt (just
a tad), moistened kibble, heavy cream and mushed up bannana.  It worked,
she's eating... I'm Happy!!  She's also eating kibble all by itself and we
want to put some weight on her, she's really thin and then discontinue the
duck soup stuff.  she loves to be cuddled... she has claimed the kitty bed
as her own... So I take the kitty bed to my bedroom at night with me....
she is also the ONLY ferret that (as of yet) NEVER gets put in a cage.  She
is VERY well behaved.  I am soooo glad we got her.  I have already become
VERY attached to her... i would be an awful emotional wreck if I tried to
be a shelter mommy... instant bonding reaction...I hold her all the time,
protect her when the other monkeys are out for run time, HAND feed her and
well SPOIL HER SILLY!... but somebody has to ... umm... right???  hehehe...

I guess that's enough for now!  Sorry to anyone who feels as though I
wasted their time with my ramblings... hehehee... *snicker* <---I learned
that from stuey...

Stuey:  OFF THE CLICKY MACHINE MOMMA!!  *Yanks on cords*..*snicker*
Pugsley:  Dharma, go distract her while I hide the sox!
Dharma:... *bites toe REALLY hard*....
Yoshi:  Dharma quit it... *attacks Dharma*
Bella:  Mommy, can ya keep it down, Im tryin to sleep here!
Kaylee:... *bounces on everyone that's asleep*... wake up guys!
Hepa:  Mommy, is it bedtime yet?

and me, keeper of the peace, owner of the treasured sox...
-Betty