From:
"Dr. Deb Sell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 06:25:04 -0700
Hello!

I have an otherwise healthy 5 year old that has had increasing creatinine
levels over the last few months.  His levels started at 1.5 and we got
them to 1.1 with 35 cc of subQ fluids twice a day.  Then they started
creaping up again and are now at 2.1 as of yesterday.  The vet told me
to increase to 45 cc of subQ twice a day and that that woudl bring the
levels back down.  I am not a vet, but have a hard time believing that
an extra 20 cc of fluids will help us turn the corner and bring those
levels back to normal.  I have started him on cranberry powder as well.
Do I need to find another vet or is this the normal protocol???

Any suggestions are much welcomed!!

deb and Tubey!!