From:
Deanna Dean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 14:23:16 -0400
What a great day my family and I had, we are not even from NH but were made
to feel very welcome!!!  I got to meet Fran (your fuzzy kept beating mine
;-) of the NHFOC I'm almost positive.  And Lee of MaFF, thanks again for all
your help!  What nice caring ladies you are, I'm glad I had the chance to
meet you both.

Now on to the races.  My son was so disappointed, no matter what contest we
enter the fuzbutts in they weren't winning, not even an honorable mention ;-(
after about 5 different things the longest tail contest came up, we entered,
we lost.  Next, the shortest tail, ( he was determined to win something ;-)
we entered, Stinky won 5th place.  Yippee yahoo hurrah, a very nice gentleman
took our picture.  My son was beside himself in glory and ferret pride!
Later that day we entered our 2 in the knotty tube race.  Pepper fell asleep
in there, the poor boy was tired.  Stinky ran through, stuck out her nose,
turned around and ran back to me, I put her back in, she ran down to
Jonathan, stole a raisin and ran back to me.  For the third time I put her
back in the tubee, when she finally came out she won 1st place!  Don't you
just love tube races?  After that we had to compete again with all the other
1st place winners aend after only one turn around this time she won the 2nd
place ribbon and anoether picture!!!  What fun we had competing and meeting
other ferret people.  We had a blast and are now planning our costumes for
the Halloween Frolic coming up here in MA. next month.

I would love to see the paper with all the pictures of the winning fuzzies,
if anyone in NH could forward it to me I would gladly pay for the cost and
be forever grateful.  Also, while we were sitting on the grass resting a
young woman came over and asked if she could take some pictures of my
children and our ferrets.  Of course I said yes then she asked a few
questions about us, name, where from, ages, how did we hear about this event
etc..  I never had the chance to ask her who or what she was writing and
taking pictures for (I'm assuming a local newspaper).  If anyone again from
NH should see this too would you please send me a copy?

Deanna, Jonathan & Casey and our still tired but big winners Pepper & Stinky,
we are so proud of you two!