From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 2009 02:16:15 -0700
I was quite disappointed when my tribute video to Duncan with "Taking
you home" by Don Henley suddenly started playing with the song removed.
I thought that was pretty rude. I mean, it's not like I'm using his
song to make money advertising something. And now it's just a silent
slideshow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3_y06_dXi8
If anything Don Henley/his label should appreciate the fact that I
liked his song enough to have it on my ferret's dedication and I'm sure
out of the over 11,000 people that played that video some may have gone
out and bought his CD. I was giving him free advertising. I love Don
Henley and the Eagles but they've always been sticklers for not letting
people use their music. Weren't they one of the bands suing Napster
back then?

Surprisingly, though, another video I did with my cats at a recent show
has Diana Krall's "Love Being Here With You" playing. It didn't get
shut down - instead they added a link to Itunes and Amazon where people
could buy the song. Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi0x_yyd2OY
THAT'S what they should be doing - not removing them altogether. And
if Diana Krall swings through town you can be assured I'll be a her
show again - where I wouldn't think of giving greedy Don Henley my
money for a ticket.

Laura