From:
Kathy Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 15:58:29 -0600
Hi Everyone sorry for all those who have crossed over and prayers for the
sick.

Yesterday Sukie wrote:
>I can't help but think that everything would be greatly simplified if
>people just used the long-existing adjectives for such body types used in
>comparative mammalian anatomy for any types of critters: "gracile" ones
>are the slender ones, and "robust" are the bulky ones.

Boy do I agree.  There is nothing more confusing then several terms applied
to mean one thing, size/body type.  It gets worse when someone is calling
to adopt a ferret and uses a slang or unheard of term to refer to a body
type, insisting it's a breed, and the hotline person has no idea what they
are talking about.  The funny thing is, when they are kits I don't think
the average person can determine how big or small they are going to be when
they are older.  I think I will just stick to the basics.  BIG, medium and
little.

My two cents on the common disease issue in our furries...I think it may be
a combination of all the things people have brought up.  Food and housing
variations, environment, combined with the early spay/neutering.  I don't
think that one factor predicts one result or we would have the answers to
some of these diseases by now.

Just a thought.
Kathy and the Ferret Collective-philosophy amateurs