From:
Michelle Tague <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:40:03 -0500
>I've been trying to convince someone on another list regarding the bad
>practice of feeding veg and fruit to ferrets....
>
>It's so sad that ferrets have to die to convince folk that they are
>carnivores who can't digest vegetables and fruit.
>
>Come on folks ditch the raisins... OK you'll naff your ferrets off for a
>little while but think how much better it will be for them, no sugary
>stuff in their teeth it might even cut down on insulinoma.  Give 'em a
>raw bone instead of raisins - keep your ferts safe....
>Sheila

I always thought feeding them fruits and veggies was good for them!

We will slice up (always very small and always small quantities) banana,
orange, grapes, apples, broccoli, raisins (of course), small-diced
carrots... not all at once but often enough.  We'd read in one of the
books that they needed a high protein diet but that having fruit & veggies
was a good thing.

Wow!!!  I'm so shocked that a ferret book would give the wrong info!!!
You suggest a raw bone... what specific kind of raw bone...chicken?  Rib?
Pork chop?

They all seem to be happy and healthy...and the poops are good...activity
levels are good....