From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2011 02:06:47 -0800
So I thought it was bad enough they gave out so much wrong information
about cats on their Cats 101 episodes - that you "can tell a Maine Coon
by the M on the forehead" (uh, no that's just part of tabby markings),
that the Norwegian Forest Cat is prone to PKD" (no, that's the Persian,
Himalayan and Exotic Shorthair) and consistently showing cats that were
domestic shorthairs and calling them various breeds (the Havana Brown,
Manx, Bombay, etc).

Well now they've got a show on "small pets" and just caught the tail
end (no pun intended) of one of them. Missed the ferret segment which
appears to be at the very beginning but did find this on their website:

"ferrets can get a little gamey, so bathing every 10 to 14 days is
recommended"

"ferrets can be temperamental toward visitors, making them prone to
proffer a nip if mishandled"

<http://animal.discovery.com/petsource/pet-guides/small-pets/small-pets-06.html>

Has anyone seen this episode? Curious as to what else they said.

[A later P.S.]:

Nevermind - just found the segment about ferrets from Pets 101

http://animal.discovery.com/videos/pets-101-ferrets.html

Surprisingly it wasn't bad. And I really did like the animation of the
ferret skeleton. Very well done.

They did show a ferret that clearly looks adrenal and did mention
they're prone to cancers.

And quite cute was how the only way they could get a ferret to sit put
so they could have it there for the titles was the glob of Ferretvite
on the floor that it's happily lapping up LOL

But not sure about you guys but in 12 years of owning ferrets I've
never had one chew "electric cords and furniture". Isn't that rabbits
that are more apt to do that?

And bathing them WEEKLY?

Also love the cage with wood stove pellets not just in the litter box
but covering the floor of the cage LOL! That's gotta be fun to clean!

Ah well... All in all I guess I'd give them a B- since they did give
mostly correctly info. But watch your babies, everyone - your ferret
might kill it!