From:
"Hudson, Jennifer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 15:42:07 -0500
Sorry I have not posted anything in the past week.  I've been fighting the
flu and having problems with my new car.

Not much progress made, but I do have some influential allies lining up.  I
have been amazed that almost every person I have contacted knew who I was
referring to before any name was mentioned.  Good news is that I will have
plenty of experience in my corner, bad news is that we can't find any
loophole in the law to guarantee resolution of this problem.  I have
discovered that she has a history of being an animal collector, be it
rabbits, monkeys, cats, dogs or ferrets and the problem has been addressed
in the past.  I was just given the name of a state level authority that I
hope will be some help!

I have not lost hope and everytime I cuddle the one old girl that came
through her, I know that looking the other way is not the answer.  I
apologize to anyone who finds what we are trying to do offensive.  I do
not mean to offend anyone on the FML.  For those I have offended, I sleep
better at night knowing I'm addressing this problem and something is
happening.

Thanks again to all those who have offered advice, their help and some just
words of support.  I've never taken on this kind of problem before, but
with some very caring people, we've learned alot.  Most of what we've
learned, we're not happy about, but so is life.

Those three ferrets that started this whole thing are happy and settled.
The two boys have been in their new home over a week now and the old lady
has staked her claim in our home.  This is where the name search comes in.
The old lady, as we've been calling her, is at least 4 years old.  She is
a dark eyed white with very few markings, still on the skinny side.  She
is very laid back, not cranky, but tires easily like a little old lady.
We were not sure initially about keeping her, we had a group of 6, plus 1
single already.  But, she has made it real clear that is not going
ANYWHERE!

So, old lady needs a name.  I've tried to think of all the grandmotherly
names I knew, something that automatically made you think little old lady.
My first thoughts were Ethel, Myrtle and Edith.  Any other suggestions?
Maude was a good one, but it's my grandmother's name and she was not amused
(speaking of cranky old ladies!!!).

Hope everyone had a happy new year and I look forward to posting the final
chapter of this problem very, very soon.

Jen
Gang and the little old lady