From:
Peter Flanagan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 03:37:31 EST
WOW!!!!!
I wanted to thank everyone (all fifty or so of you) and say that every one
had such great and different suggestions and things that I didn't know
about my two fuzzy little room mates.  I have started feeding them a treat
(usually a rasin) while I hold them in my arms and so far they are very
tolerant of that while they are eating.  I'll see how that goes and let
you all know if this modifies their behavior at all.

Alot of you suggested taking them out of their cage while they are snoozing
but this is about impossible due to the way the cage is set up with
different levels.

I had started to reply to each one individually but I was plesantly
overwhelmed by the huge number of folks out there that were willing to
lend me some of their experience and advice.

I didn't think I would be so moved by some of the sad stories about
everyone's fuzzies passing due to different reasons (almost always
insulinoma).  Every time I read someone's story I want to run to Winnie &
Wylie's cage and pick them both up and smother them with affection (like
they would let that happen).

So thanks again to everybody!

Pete, Winnie & Wylie
Wylie - "Is it time to play ride the towel yet?"
Winnie - "Yawn!........wake me up when you've got treats".