From:
Carla Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jun 1996 23:30:13 -0400
Lea has been having some nasty back problems, & asked me to let everyone
know that she hasn't been able to check her mail or read any of the FML
recently.  It's hard for her to sit and type, or even to just sit, for any
length of time right now.  She's probably facing surgery in the near future.
Her husband Dennis is military, and assigned out of town until the 15th, so
Lea has gone to stay with Eydie in Carlsbad until he gets home.  We're
hoping that Dennis can get his orders to Korea postponed for a while, at
least until Lea has had her surgery & is recovering well.

A neighbor is taking care of her house and her cats, the dog has gone with
her, and I've got her ferrets until she's able to take care of them again.
(12 ferrets in the house is definately interesting!  All of you
shelter/rescue folks with more than that REALLY have my respect!)

Please keep Lea in your thoughts/prayers for now.  If you want to send her
any mail and get well-wishes, please send them to me or to Eydie at
[log in to unmask] & we'll make sure that she gets them.

Blessings,
Carla Smith
Rio Grande Domestic Ferret Club