From:
Ginny Turner-Erfort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jun 1996 21:01:49 -0500
Hi, Forgive me if this was covered in FML already but I'm a new subscriber
to the list (as of a few days), and I have a question that I can't seem to
find answers to here or in FAQ.  It seems that there is a name for what we
have been calling the "green slime" and is also called the "greenies." In
March my ferrets were boarded with a very reliable boarder.  (She also
happens to work at the vets where my ferrets have been taken for many
years).  When they were boarded they came down with this problem.  Now my
husband and I will both be out of town for several days and I'm wondering
about taking them back to the same boarder.  It seems that all the ferrets
that have been boarded with her have had this.  Since it is an extremely
nasty problem - even my healthiest ferret came home looking/acting like she
was on death's doorstep - I don't want them to be likely to "catch" this
again.  So my question is: can they get this more than once?  Since I see
this is occurring around the country, I'm also wondering how and where this
started in the first place?  (Does anyone know?) Thanks.