From:
Jean Caputo-Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 22:34:29 -0400
Greetings All!

Yeah, I know, mink don't make good pets.  But I have one anyway, quite by
the act of "God", and being a shelter, and a sucker, I'm going to to my best
to give this baby a chance at a good life, rather than becoming a piece of a
coat.

Any info and experieces would be appreciated.  Suggestions for names too.

The mink is female, and a dark chocolate - kinda like devils food.  She is
6 - 8 weeks old.

Her litter box habits are excellent, and I can feed her by hand, with no
gloves.  She hides when anyone else is in the room with me.  The tonight she
rubbed up against my hand while I was feeding her, I thought I was going to
get bit, but it seemed to be a gesture of trust.

She ignores the cats when they walk into the room, and she will NEVER be
allowed with the ferrets.  The house is large enough to ensure that.

Thanks.

Jean & The Zoo Crew
18 ferrets of my own (including the ones that will never leave the shelter)
10 in the shelter
2 staying at the "ferret spa"
2 cats
1 sugar glider
1 snake
1 gerbil (anyone want it?  I'm in Cleve.,O.  The snake is blind and can't
  eat it)
1 mink