From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 1995 08:37:01 PST
Jajoba oil - I think you mean jojoba. Anyways, the oil comes from a plant
(the fruit/berries actually, I believe) and was "found" when people were
looking for a substitute for whale oil. If you go looking in the shampoo
aisle in the supermarket, you will find jojoba shampoos. The oil is supposed
to help condition, moisturize, give shine to, etc. hair. You tend to find
jojoba in more of the "natural" type of shampoos. Although I'm no chemist
or vet, I don't think the jojoba in the shampoo would cause any problems.
I've used shampoos with jojoba in them and our kids *love* to lick the water
out of the tub after a shower! They haven't turned purple yet! :)

Sulfur - Sulfur has been used for a long time in human history for certain
ailments. In fact, the town I come from has a hospital that was originally
founded because of the "sulfur cure". Hard water was a way of life where I
grew up. My parent's house has a well which has, yup - you guessed it, sulfur
water. It's an aquired taste, but it hasn't seem to do any harm to myself,
my family, or the numerous animals which have lived there - including dogs,
cats, rabbits, horses, ponies, chickens, parakeets, and fish. Ok...the fish
didn't like it much. Anyways....it's not harmful to be taken internally in
small amounts in fact, sulfa drugs were/are used to fight bacterial infections.
Also some topical preparations for itching for pets and farm animals (probably
people too) contain sulfa compounds.

It sounds like you got a good shampoo for your fuzzies. For yourself too!
Just a guess, but from the ingredient list, I'd guess that the shampoo is
a cruelty-free product. The kind of products I like to support! :)

-kim, mike,
Squirt ("Shower water...uhhhaaammmumm..." <said Homer Simpson-ish>)
and Pippi, who tries to help you dry off after a shower by licking your legs

Kimberly Burkard        |              _    Everything I needed to know in life
Xerox, Rochester, NY    |       _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
[log in to unmask] |  ____/     \___/  Dance for joy often. Play often.
[log in to unmask] <____/\_---\_\    Be determined in your ventures.