From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 1995 15:00:05 -0800
I have a lifetime or two (ferret-wise) supply of Coat Guard shampoo form
a company called Protec, a division of Protein Technology of Pleasant
Hills, California.  I originally bought this stuff for our dog because
of his super sensitive skin, but decided to go back to a flea shampoo
since fleas seem to be his primary problem.  Anyway, it's expensive and
I hate to buy some other expensive shampoo if this stuff is safe for
ferrets.  From the label, it sounds like it is.  In fact, it even says
"for all animals" and "for all animals with sensitive skin".  But this
is a California based company and theoretically Californians don't own
ferrets.  The label explicitly states that it's okay for cats.

Here are the listed ingredients:  wheat germ conditioners, coconut
cleansers, sulfur, jajoba oil, natural ingredients, no fragrances or
coloring.  It all sound pretty safe to me, except maybe for the sulfur,
and I've never heard of jajoba oil.  I searched through the FAQ file for
any reference to this company or its product; even the ingredients but
didn't turn up anything.

cobra