From:
kimberly fox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 10:43:35 -0800
Casie,
Thank you for your prompt and courteous response.  I do recognize that
the sale of this item is most likely (but unfortunately)legal.  It still
baffles my mind however that if ebay does not permit the sale of animals
(which is "legal") why they permit the sale of animal products (which
is also "legal").  The matter really is not about "community morals" or
"legality".  Ebay responsibly lists categories of items that may not
appeal to all Ebayers,giving all of us the choice to view or not view the
item in question.  Many of your Ebayers did not have that option though
when they were surfing the listings of items for their pets.  I can assure
you that number of people offended probably exceeded the number that
contacted Ebay regarding the issue.  You can also be assured that the
seller in question was contacted....to no avail.

I understand and respect Ebay's position to tolerate the viewpoints of a
diverse community.  At the same time Ebay has a responsibility to members
of their animal loving community.  While shopping for our beloved pets,
no one should be subject to view an auction listing the skin of an animal.
I would appreciate a response indicating what steps Ebay intends to take
that will prevent this from happening in the future.

Kim Fox
S.U.M.S. Rescue